Adbhutamaina Pournami




The evening was cool and clear sky... And the MOON shone up bright in the sky.. with all his grandeur. My first glance of Moon.. my eyes glowed with his rays, had to shut them to adjust to his increased grandeur. Another careful wide eyed look at him had taken away my breath. WHAT A MOON!!

Since my childhood, I had the privilege of enjoying moon lit nites. Cool nites spending the entire nite talking to grand mother, listening to her childhood stories. And my favourite - aavakaya & muddapappu mixed in rice and relishing it sitting around with sisters. Mom too enjoying her leisure time with us sisters! The great garden in front of the house.. the lillies, jasmines filling the air with their fragrance. Good old days!

The later years taught different phases of LIFE and the transformation of SELF thru the years opened the inner eye to see the unseen and experience the unexpected. Itz the yoga (union) of the outer self with the inner self.

According to HINDU mythology...
Sun and Moon are our visible divine entities - PRATYAKSHA DAIVALU

Sun bestows physical health to us and Moon takes care of the mental health.
So beware of being tooo positive and too energetic in the coming days.
Letz not be haste in our decisions.

Dhadhi Shankha Tusharabham - Ksheerodarnava Sambhawam
Namaami Sasinam Somam - Shambhormakuta Bhushanam

I bow to the Moon god, the lord of the herbs who is Born from the Ocean of Milk, shines with the Glow of curd and conch And chosen to be the crowning Glory of Lord Shiva.

(I donno much of sanskrit.. gave the explanation as I understood with my lil knowledge of the language)



Comments

Popular Posts